Monday, October 13, 2008

Anemones and Tricyrtis

Two Anemones I bought a couple of years ago are finally blooming. The first photo is Anemone Japonica 'Mont Rose'. Quite a lovely tall flower. It is a mystery that not many nurseries online offer this variety for sale.

The second Anemone may be A. 'Pamina' but I can't be sure. I received a very small plant and the leaves shriveled within a month so I thought it was dead and lost the name tag. But it sprouted again late next spring but it didn't flower. I thought it died again but it produced three small flowers this year so hopefully the plant will become more robust in a few years.





Anemone Japonica 'Mont Rose'.






Anemone hupehensis var. japonica 'Pamina'






More of the Tricyrtis we bought in late summer are blooming.
** Update. Well I really botched the identification of the Tricyrtis. The first one is actually T. lasiocarpa 'Amethystina' and it really is a beauty.



Tricyrtis lasiocarpa 'Amethystina'. In my opinion, a very beautiful toad lily. I've corrected the names of the other Tricyrtis too.







Two photos of Tricyrtis formosana 'Sinome'






Tricyrtis variegata




Tricyrtis formosana 'Dark Beauty'

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Hello Ki,

There seems to have been an explosion in toad lilies this year - it's fun seeing them bloom like a spotted wave across the garden blog world.
I can see why you're fond of Tricyrtis lasiocarpa 'Amethystina'.

A friend passed a division of an unnamed toadlily on to me in early spring and it's just now budding. If it actually blooms I'll try to get photo onto my blog.

Annie

7:51 PM  
Blogger Ki said...

Hi Annie,
Good to hear from you and I'm embarrassed I have not returned the visits...hopefully to be rectified soon. Because I have not been reading blogs, I've missed "like a spotted wave (of toad lilies) across the garden blog world" you described.

Please do post a pic of your gift Tricyrtis. I will be on a trip next week and may actually have some downtime to peruse some blogs.

Ki

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zone 6, New Jersey, United States

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Carnival-small Blogroll Me!

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Gardening  Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory